1. Build a Foundation. Start somewhere. Make a list. Write a one-page business plan. Do something. If you simply start the process other ideas will flow to you.
2. Be Willing to do the Work. Step outside of your comfort zone. The work may not be what you envisioned. You may have to do things to promote yourself that makes you squirm. You may have to take jobs that you don’t want in order to prepare you for your end goal. Be willing, show up and keep learning.
3. Be Patient. Success doesn’t happen overnight. Many successful people spend years perfecting their business plans and ideas. Learn to adapt and go with the flow. It’s a process which means it will take time and effort. Learn to be creative and do what you can where you are with what you have.
4. Become the Expert. Research and educate. Learn everything you can about your plan, idea, career or hobby. You need to know the ins and outs, the ups and downs and everything in between to fully believe and support what you’re putting out into the world.
5. Be Authentic. It’s great to have role models and people that you admire but don’t try to copy them. Think of ways you can do or create something with a flare that’s all your own. This may take time but once you personalize your idea, no one can copy that. They may try but you can’t copy authenticity.
6. Be Confident. Have you ever believed in someone 110%? Someone or something that you tell about to everyone you know? Market yourself or your idea in this same way. It won’t be easy at first especially if you’re not a natural sales person, but think about how it appears to you when someone is only half behind what they are selling. No matter how great it is or isn’t, it highly effects the way you view them and/or the product. This is not a time to think about your faults or failures. We’re all hard enough on ourselves as is, this is the time to sell the confident, unique and amazing YOU! That’s right, you are amazing! Sell it! Make them want it!
7. Be Determined. Rejection is a terrible feeling but by being rejected we can learn a valuable lesson. Shift your focus, don’t think of “no” as negative but begin to use the word “no” to your advantage. Create an opportunity to redirect your thoughts and evaluate your strategy. Learn from it, be adaptable but don’t let it deter you. As the quote says, “Want it more than you’re afraid of it.” Allow it to make you stronger and inspire your journey.
8. Don’t be afraid to Fail. Put yourself out there that’s the only way to succeed and it’s the only way to figure out what works and what doesn’t. Know that you are not alone and that every amazing person before you has failed at something. Keep moving forward. You will get there maybe not on your schedule but it will happen. Don’t give up!
9. Be Grateful. Use the talents you were given and be thankful for each and every opportunity. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.”
Find more yoga and inspiration at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Be-PresentYoga/336705043142303 and on twitter:@bepresent100